Cheddar Cheese Soap Fail

By Heather, Dollar Store Crafts

The Spam Soap was my 2nd batch ever. This soap was a few batches later, but still ended up looking like food. What an attractive tower of cheddar cheese soap I have here! The rectangular soaps were cinnamon-orange scented and then I also made the traditional cheese-shaped semi-circles in Apricot Freesia.

We ended up dubbing it “Quesoap” thanks to a clever forum member on GetCrafty.com. Queso=cheese in Spanish

You might ask yourself “How does one get such a lovely cheddar-colored soap?” The answer is, use Red Palm oil in your recipe!

The road to making attractive cold process soap is paved with craft fails, as any soaper out there reading this will tell you! I did eventually get some attractive batches, but part of the joy of soaping is that you just never know what you’re going to get when you pull your soap out of the mold.

Tags: , ,

7 Responses to Cheddar Cheese Soap Fail

1. Janet Hogan says:

Love this site… Que? Soap? love it – looks yummy and clean!!!!
    :-)

Janet Hogan’s last blog post..Do you follow blogs?

2. Now, if only there was a way to make it smell like cheddar. Seriously, you’ve made it half way to a personal goal of mine!

gentlemanbeggar’s last blog post..One Nut Shy

3. tricia says:

looks delicious!

4. betsy says:

not fail! i love cheese, and i love handmade soaps. i bet this would even convince my cheese-loving, bodywash-using hubby that bar soap isn’t poisonous.

5. Stacy says:

You are hysterical! I love your Quesoap!

6. Dale says:

It looks delicious!

A bar of Quesoap and one of Spam soap, combined with slices of Loofa to masquerade as the bread?

And maybe a knitted washcloth that looks like lettuce?

Hmmm, I think I’m inspired :-)

7. Jess says:

WIN! If that actually smelled of say… nachos, tacos, oh I don’t know… Doritos??? My 12-year-old would invest in that!