I had an epic craft fail last month that literally brought me to tears. I’m over it now, but I was quite broken up at the time. I discovered resin about two years ago and began making pendants. I had great success with them, there were only one or two mess-ups of the resin overflowing. Nothing major. About a year ago I got into embroidery. I had an inspiration and thought – let’s pair the two - resin embroidered pendants! I spent two weeks embroidering little designs. I worked hard to come up with cute designs and worked harder making the stitches perfect. I finally had a dozen or so ready, so I glued them down into my silver bezels. I was all set to go. I prepared the resin, and began pouring it, slowly over the embroidery designs. They were looking great, and I was getting excited – this just might work! I then turned around from my work table to put my resin cup into the trash, and turned around to see this ….
All of the bezels had overflowed! And once resin begins overflowing, there is no stopping it. It’s toxic and stickier than glue and just a big mess in its liquid form. I was horrified! All of that hard work down the drain! Every single one of the dozen pieces I made overflowed. I actually started crying, because I had such high hopes for this craft! I think either the fabric reacted funny to the resin, or the embroidered designs filled the bezels too full and there wasn’t enough room for the resin. Either way, everything was completely ruined – I had to trash the whole batch. So sad! I have written off resin for awhile!