Fat Dog in a Little Coat

By Lesley Karpiuk (pinktoque) of The Pink Toque Craft Blog.

Fat dog in a little coat… or is it just really a too-small coat for my dog? While my border collie/brittany spaniel Oliver is a tad bit on the heavy side these days (read: fat), honestly I think this coat I tried to sew for him last winter was just made too small in the first place, and has nothing to do with his weight. Though the strap looks like it sorta fits in the photo, I can guarantee you it doesn’t actually fit around Oliver’s girth.

dog_coat2

Oliver is such a good sport. He’s looking at me as if he knows that this coat is way too small for him. It’s like, “Mom, I look ridiculous.” and yet he still humors me.

Maybe I should’ve measured my dog first?  Measure then sew? What a concept. Looks like I need to give this dog coat away to a friend who has a smaller dog than I.

This is definitely a craft fail.

Tags: , ,

13 Responses to Fat Dog in a Little Coat

1. Mary says:

Awww. He looks like one of Robin Hood’s Merry Men!

Mary’s last blog post..How to Entertain a Little Kid.

2. deirdre says:

LOL! He looks mortified. Actually, he looks like one of the Merry Men from Robin Hood, so that’s not too bad, is it? Let him loose on the neighborhood and he’ll come back with some bags of gold. And in this economy . . .

I’ll have to send in one of my many craft fails. Sadly, they far outweigh my craft wins.

deirdre’s last blog post..Susan Boyle

3. Hope Griffin says:

that poor pup looks terrified and sad all at the same time!

Hope Griffin’s last blog post..Car Boot Booty…

4. Digitalis says:

That was way off. It makes a nice doggy hood though, but I don’t think he agrees.

5. Masha says:

So very cute!
    Yes, he does look like he is going “Well, if it makes mom happy. But jeez, what will she think of next!”

Masha’s last blog post..The Hamish Hamilton Book of Princesses

6. Linda says:

I found this entire craft fail thing quite amusing since I crochet and do crafts myself, but this dog outfit takes the cake and has my side aching due to laughter. It’s nice to see that I’m not the only one who makes mistakes.

7. Kate says:

It’s the look in his eyes that really draws you in. They’re saying “help. please, help.”

Too fun! Thanks for sharing.

8. Laurie says:

Don’t all dogs look at you like that when you put human clouthing on them. Help me escape the lunacy.

9. Heidi says:

My stomach hurts from laughing so hard at the expression on your dog’s face…PRICELESS!!!

10. angie says:

I laughed and laughed and laughed when I saw this picuture! This is the same look my dog gives me anytime I do anything to her. Actually that’s the same look I get from almost everybody after a finished craft project. yep, count me in the more “faills” than sucesses for sure.

11. Lisa from Oakland, CA says:

I’m laughing so much tears are streaming down my face. Oh, you brave, brave crafter. And brave, brave dog. Oh dear, I hope I don’t wet myself.

12. What a sport, dogs know how to be the best pets
    .-= VitaHound Staff´s last blog ..Yucca =-.

13. jmct says: