How NOT to knit a stuffed toy

knitmouse

Mickey the Crack Mouse

By Notagirlymom

I had some leftover soft cotton/acrylic blend yarn from a washcloth I made so I decided I was going to make a stuffed thing. Only I figured, “Pattern? Eh! Patterns are for sissies! I DUN NEED NO STEENKEEN PATTERN!”.

I ended up with Mickey the Crack Mouse. *LOL*

His ears aren’t quite right, not really rounded at all, just little rectangles sewn onto his head. The thread I used to make his nose I thought was more pink than orange..until I sewed it on and got a good look at it. I also realize that mice do not typically have greenish eyes..but I liked the color so I went with it, even if his eyes do look a little funky. The tail I made by knotting three strands of pink thread together the way I used to do to make these funky sort of spirally friendship bracelets way back when. Yeah..those are skills I never thought would come in handy again.

He also has no legs/feet. He’s a ground mouse.

I know he’s kinda ugly..so ugly he’s kinda cute in a weird, cracktastic way. :-D

13 Responses to How NOT to knit a stuffed toy

1. Mary says:

Just attach a mousetrap to him and tell everybody you did it on purpose. hahaha. I crack myself up. No pun intended. :p

Mary’s last blog post..Green Warty Baby.

2. It’s kind of a cracked out, square eared half worm with demon eyes…cool (I’m saying that because I’m afraid of you now) :)

3. Jennie Nash says:

I love your site! I found you through a twitter post. I’m a novelist who write sa blog about creative inspiration — and what is better than failure for sparking inspiration! It’s great. Cheers — Jennie

Jennie Nash’s last blog post..Beth Kephart’s "Dangerous Neighbors" — a Success Story

4. Arlene says:

Drop him in a fishbowl & call him Bob.

5. baublegarden says:

What a great blog idea! I wish I had taken some pictures of my failed craft disasters. We all have them. Keep them coming, I’ll look forward to seeing some more.

6. Rogue Rylla says:

You could stuff him with or roll him in catnip and give him to a friend/relatives cat. I’m sure a cat wouldn’t care if he didn’t look purrfect:)

Rogue Rylla’s last blog post..Group Knitting

7. katw0man says:

oh my gosh. i totally thought i was the only one who had
    days, weeks, and multitudes of projects failed like this!

being a right-brained yet penny pinchin’ lady, i never cook
    following a recipe….but this will not work in the new business
    i am in!

the thing that stresses me out about the failed projects is the
    money lost; albeit the time lost hurts as well!

so glad to have “found” you via another cyber-friend!

katw0man

8. JuliaD says:

Hah! I love this so much!

JuliaD’s last blog post..This Post Could, Technically, Qualify As A Hat

9. Tammy says:

I like the mousetrap idea. How about a knit one? He does look kinda dead.

Tammy’s last blog post..Etsy Twitter Team Shop of the Week – That’s Headley!

10. Notagirlymom says:

Aww..don’t be afraid of me. I don’t bite…unless you ask me to. ;-)

11. Masha says:

Heheh, this made me laugh until I got a bit teary. One of his whiskers looks like a sad sort of frown. Poor thing. :D

12. val says:

LMAOFUNNY!

val’s last blog post..Crafting hope…

13. Toni says:

OMG I laughed so hard at this poor mouse, I was wheezing like Muttley with tears pouring down my face. He’s AWESOME in a totally freakish way.
    .-= Toni´s last blog ..alarmed…. =-.