A Modest Halloween Costume Proposal, Thanks Martha!

Posted by Heather, Dollar Store Crafts

Click here for the Roast Turkey Costume Instructions

Okay, CraftFail is devoted to sharing OUR craft fails, and we have never posted a craft fail that didn’t originate with one of our contributors (or with permission from the creator), but I couldn’t not share this one with you: A craft faux pas so horrifying, it could only be shared on Halloween. And, it comes from the Queen of Craft herself (and patron saint of so many of our CraftFails here), Martha Stewart. Well, Martha didn’t come up with it, but she DID showcase a holiday table covered in live babies in food costumes on her show. Shudder. And, shudder again.

Click here for the Lobster Costume Instructions

I actually don’t have a problem with these costumes, in theory. They seem like a clever and fun idea for a baby who’s just going to be lying around on Halloween anyway. But seeing an entire table covered with moving babies encased in food is just beyond creepy. Maybe because the giant proptastic nature of their costumes convinces your brain that they are animatronic babies, but then slowly the realization dawns on you as you watch the video… they’re real babies. And they are dressed as pie. With an accompanying serving knife.

Cue shudders once again.

Watch it yourself: This video clip comes courtesy of ExtremeCraft. Wow, Garth, thanks for sharing.

Martha Stewart Baby Costumes 1

16 Responses to A Modest Halloween Costume Proposal, Thanks Martha!

1. Pingback: uberVU - social comments

2. Wow, an unintentional CraftFail! Love it

3. Marjo says:

With an accompanying serving knife?…
    Oh God!

4. Ashley says:

Did anyone else notice that the poor baby’s head is comming out of the cooked animals butt?!?!?

5. Aunt LoLo says:

Ok…while I would never go to the lengths of actually sticking my kid inside of a turkey…when my youngest was born, and ALWAYS ASLEEP, I was terribly tempted to set a big ol’ apple in her maw and put her to sleep on the table…dressed in pink.

Oink oink!

6. Mary says:

hahaha. I put the turkey baby on my blog a couple weeks ago as an example of how to terrify young children on Halloween. lol. These were pretty horrible. Though you do have to admire the craftsmanship …

7. aksarah says:

But of course! Babies are delicious!
    Seriously, wtf Martha? I don’t even like kids and I think that’s messed up!

8. Robyn says:

oh….. my…..

9. Allisa says:

Seriously the scariest thing I’ve seen this Halloween.

10. Mel says:

wow the fact that, they look like they could roll over an fall from the table does not affect anyone but me? I know they can rollover with those giant costumes but still i find it very creepy

11. val says:

ROTFLMAO……..okay, after the bee suit, I am now on the floor holding my ribs together…….I think these are horrid….but like a train wreck, I can’t seen to look away!

12. val says:

my daughter insisted I see the video. …….Martha, that is NOT a “good thing”

13. Care says:

Let’s just say that a good general rule is:

“Do not dress your child like food.”

Now I am off to send a link to my lil’ bro, who is notoriously creeped out by walking, talking food “mascots.” (I’m thinking Twinkie Man, the talking Parkay butter tub, or that time our county fair’s mascot was a talking corn dog.) He’s going to have nightmares.

And so am I.

14. Jen says:

Oh, I can’t stop laughing! That is one of the funniest things I have seen in a looong time! It really IS kinda creepy — except for the babies being so beautiful.

I can’t imagine either of my girls ever being content to lie under a giant roasted turkey. Wow.

15. Kathy says:

Martha eats babies! LOL! How cute! How morbid! What yummie babies!

16. Amy says:

I have always had the very strange feeling that Martha might someday eat her young.

Hee, hee, hee.

A truly scary Halloween creepy craft.