I Ain’t Got No Body

(channeling some 1985 David Lee Roth – does it soften the post, or make it worse?)

When my doll-making started to slow down and I thought of incorporating dolls into jewelry making, I had a few “interesting” creations.

What, you wouldn't wear this on your neck?

I don’t think I need to say anymore.  You all know the name of this website.

I keep this one hanging on this door to my computer armoire as a reminder  – not to try this one again.

-Tamdoll

13 Responses to I Ain’t Got No Body

1. But she looks happy. And sort of like a tooth. Maybe it can be a tooth necklace? (Or maybe that’s what you were going for?)
    I have to say that a friend of mine turned me onto this site and I really enjoy it. It’s great to know that I’m not alone in my triumphs as well as tragedies.

2. Sara says:

Haha! I actually thought you were going to say something about this looking like a happy uterus and ovaries, because that was totally my first impression when I saw it. Still laughing. :)

3. tamdoll says:

I found the quote I was looking for:

Albert Einstein: “Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”

Does having an Einstein quote validate my fail to a higher status?
    .-= tamdoll´s last blog ..Putting Things Together =-.

4. Oh man, the first moment I saw this I thought it was a friendly female reproductive organ diagram. Thanks for making me laugh this morning.
    .-= Miriam at Made Right Guide´s last blog ..Ephemera Discovery – Woman’s Lib Snapshot =-.

5. Melissa says:

Einstein always elevates.
    .-= Melissa´s last blog ..Thank You Vancouver for an Incredible Olympic Games! =-.

6. Ha ha! It makes for a VERY quirky accessory.

7. Fanboy Wife says:

What? No earrings?
    .-= Fanboy Wife´s last blog ..Captain Marvel =-.

8. Well, it is well painted, and has a very nice face. I’ve seen much worse at those local craft fairs *shudder*. I like the first commenter’s idea or turning it into a tooth fairy pillow. There could be a pocked on the back for the tooth.

9. Oh good grief – call me butter fingers with my typing. That word is supposed to be pocket, not pocked. (I’m now rolling my eyes at myself and my lack of typing skills and, obviously, poor editing….)

10. Carat says:

It reminds me, a bit, of Cassandra from Dr Who

11. Danielle says:

I kinda thought it looked like a bikini bottom…With a face on it…

Mmmoooooommmmm! Why is my bathing suit smiling at meeeee?

12. Phil says:

That looks like something my grandma used to draw lol

I am oconfused though, what was it supposed to be?

13. Tammy says:

Phil, that’s a good question!
    I used to make dolls and I was learning to make jewelry… I thought I’d try my hand at combining the two!
    Instead now I just work with fabric and beads in jewelry, but leave the dollmaking on it’s own.