Lady Liberty Likes a Good Laugh

You really wouldn’t think that starting something as simple as a Chia plant would be difficult. They go something like this:
Soak the pot for an hour.
Soak the seeds for an hour.
Apply seeds to pot.
Put bag over pot for 3-4 days so the seeds start sprouting.
Take bag off and place in sunny warm spot.
Keep pot watered and turn as necessary.
If you do it right, you don’t get this!

Opps! Did I forget to water her?

You think this would be simple but its not. I won’t bore you with the details but this is our second attempt. I say we… but after the first attempt my son lost his interest. This was all me trying to make it work.
Seriously, growing a plant should be like the easiest crafty thing you can start with. You follow directions, put in some work and you watch your work grow into a plant/vegetable/fruit. You feel proud. Tell you what…. this my friends, is not easy!

11 Responses to Lady Liberty Likes a Good Laugh

1. nihil says:

I remember a Christmas when I was about 11 and I finally go the Chia Frog I wanted soooooooooo badly. I was also sooooooooo badly disappointed. I believe something along the lines of your Lady Liberty with receding hippie hair happened and that was the end of the Chia Frog.

2. These things are never as easy as they seem, are they? I must admit, it gives a new spin to these famous lines:

“Give me your tired, your poor,

Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,

The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.

Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,

I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Maybe filled with rocks she will make a good doorstop?

3. val says:

at first glance I thought it was Medusa! HA!

4. That’s what I look like in the morning! Love this craftfail.

5. Tammy says:

I don’t know what it’s supposed to look like. Is it supposed to be like dense grass? Would that look better?????
    This looks like bean sprouts that I’d want to put on a salad.
    .-= Tammy´s last blog ..Artful Thursday – Family Portrait =-.

6. Fanboy Wife says:

I think you accidentally got the Statue of Medusa kit by mistake.
    .-= Fanboy Wife´s last blog ..Adventure Comics 6 =-.

7. Amanda says:

OH NO! Some things should never be chia’d!

8. Pingback: Family Living Links – The All Things Family Carnival | Momsational

9. How could you not love the Chias?
    I once had a Mr. T Chia.
    I was quite proud of it!

10. Terri says:

Hahaha – Lady Liberty Medusa – if you emigrate to her country, she’ll turn you to stone! Thanks so much for sharing that – it was a very good laugh!
    .-= Terri´s last blog ..Falling off The Wagon – Already! =-.