This project came about because I wanted cheerful curtains on the cheap for my newly painted kitchen. I sewed the curtains from a flat sheet purchased for $2 at Wal-mart. That part went surprisingly well for a sewing project.
The next step involved adding large apples and dots, you know, the cheerful part. I thought this went pretty well. After an hour of stenciling and letting the curtains dry over night, it was time to put them up!
My sweet husband followed my instructions hanging these whilst I unloaded the dishwasher. When he was finished I turned around to see the sun shining through the most amateur stenciling I’ve ever witnessed! You could see every swirl, pat, dab, and stroke I made with the paint. It was horrible. To see just how terrible click on the photo. The curtains were then snatched down and donated to the local Goodwill. Someone with a dark kitchen might like them.