Barbie sez, don’t drink and craft

barbie fail

From: Notagirlymom

A while back, I had this insane idea I was going to make a faaaaabulous one-of-a-kind fairy/elf-like doll from an old Barbie that I’d picked up at a garage sale. She was in decent shape, aside from her toes which had been chewed off (seems to happen a lot) but I figured I could fix that with a pair of boots or something.

I never got around to it. I think I got discouraged because I’d tried to un-kink her hair with boiling water and it didn’t come out as straight as I wanted. Then I gave her a horrible haircut which looked like I’d taken a weed whacker to her hair.barbie fail

So this doll has been sitting around, mostly naked, in my bag of craft stuff for the better part of two years.

One night, while not entirely sober, I got the idea from a hideous little knit/crochet book (Knitprovisation, which you should buy for the knit and crochet fail alone) to turn her into a doll with a crocheted dress.

But I didn’t have enough yarn for a WHOLE dress. So I (again..not entirely sober here) snapped her legs off and crocheted her a half-body/lump thing as well as a goofy looking little hood to cover her bad haircut.

barbie sez, "don't drink and craft"

26 Responses to Barbie sez, don’t drink and craft

1. kelly says:

hahahahahahahaah!!! oh, poor barbie!

2. RB says:

Failurrific!

3. Kristi says:

The Life & Accident Insurance pencil is the perfect prop!

Funny though, she looks like something a little one would really love – maybe the weeble-wobble shape? Or maybe just me.

4. Jeri says:

So sad! I am LOL!

5. Sandra :) says:

ROTFLMAO that is hysterical!!!!!!!!!!!!!! With her arms akimbo she looks like she’s ready to power walk … or maybe … powerscoot?? LOLOLOLOL!!!

6. BethJ says:

Oh god that thing is scary. Bad Alcohol ;)

7. Notagirlymom says:

Thanks guys. I keep her around to sort of look goofy since I can’t bear to undo her dress and leave her body half naked in the craft basket again.

And the pencil was just the perfect touch..I found it at a public library and it’s for an ins. company in Kentucky run by a guy whose parents MUST have hated him..his first name is Dunwiddie. DUNWIDDIE. *rofl*

8. meg says:

looks like a wonderful pin cushion to me!!!! thanks for the chuckle!!

9. Lisa Radnovic says:

Thankyouthankyouthankyou for posting Barbie. I cannot remember the last time I laughed this hard. I LOVE craft fails.

10. Popanator says:

Poor thing, you ripped off her legs! I’m going to go cry now. :,((

11. Bonnie B says:

TEARS … can barely see to type this …laughing so hard! The picture is funny enough but the running commentary is hysterical! Thanks!

12. Beth says:

Hilarious. I don’t remember laughing this hard in a long time. My cheeks are covered in tears thanks to your barbie ball creation. I’d like to see a barbie craft that isn’t a fail. It may be my new challenge.

13. Lynsie says:

bahahahaha!!! Boy am I glad I ran across this website, this barbie is hilarious! This looks like something my mother would attempt when under the influence of alcohol :)
    When we were younger and home alone, when we couldn’t find a ball to play catch with, we shaved barbies head, detached it from her body and played catch :)

14. Liezel says:

I laughed so hard my EVERYTHING hurts!!

15. Jill D. says:

The tears are streaming down my face and my husband thinks I’ve lost it. Thanks for starting my day off with the biggest laugh I’ve had in a long time!

16. Tawna says:

I die. Right now. oh my heck. Bahahahahahaha. seriously- this is fabulous. I also love that you can’t bear to undo the dress and leave her half naked body in the craft basket rather than THROW THE DISASTER AWAY! oh man. seriously. I don’t think i could throw it away either. thanks for the tummy pains and the tears! :D

17. Sharyn M. says:

You could extend the crocheting and make it look like she’s kayacking! That’s what I thought when I stumbled across your blog.

18. maggie says:

The park down the road is having a cardboard and duct tape canoe race/challenge tomorrow. Do you think Canoe Barbie would like to go?

19. Diana says:

Unique pin cushion I actually like it and the pencil is a nice touch the pencil plus legless barbie combo hilarouse

20. Amanda says:

My goodness! I just love this. Your descriptions really makes me laugh. Thanks for this!

21. Willyb says:

Another craft fail that’s almost KILLED me laughing. My tummy hurst and I can’t breathe. Call 911!! Lol!

22. Elle says:

She looks like the poster child for “Learning To Love Leglessness”!
    Laughing so hard…trying to figure out how to make this into my new screensaver…

23. Cynthia says:

This is by far the funniest one I have come across on this website….hahahaha

24. Wendy says:

….again not entirely sober”
    Hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    Omg it’s almost 1am and I’m laughing waaaaaaay too loud for this time of night.
    Now I know, I will NOT craft with a few drinks in me!

25. Bri says:

OMG!! That made me laugh so hard I actually cried! A+

26. Pingback: Crafty Manolo » For Those of You Still Reeling…