Ice Cream Cupcakes… Nailed It

ice cream cupcakes nailed it

I found a recipe for cupcakes in a cone on the back of our ice cream cone box. I had hoped to make a fun treat for my kids, but these adorable cupcakes ended up causing some serious anxieties. Little did I know we would be eating cupcakes off the floor! These were just a big mess!

ice cream cupcake fail

From: Kelly @ Run With Glitter
My website: http://runwithglitter.blogspot.com/
Subject: How NOT To make Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes

6 Responses to Ice Cream Cupcakes… Nailed It

1. melissa says:

We make a totally differnet kind of ice cream cupcakes and we LOVE THEM. We use the silicon cupcake molds and paint them with melted chocolate. fill with a little sliver of cake or a cookie, some hot fudge or caramel and a scoop of icecream. Top it with cool whip and sprinkles. YUMMY! You can make them a couple days in advance and what a great thing for a party!

2. amanda_1981 says:

YAY! I’m not the only one that’s failed hard on these stupid things. >.<

http://craftfail.com/?p=397 <– here's my hardcore fail. :) Enjoy the camaraderie.

3. Catherine says:

Try making a sheet cake with funfetti cake make, then cutting them into small squares and put 2-3 squares into the ice cream cone and fill with frosting?

4. luna says:

Go to the betty crocker website:

http://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/ice-cream-cone-cakes/9794e27f-63a9-4e2a-b1ed-b766b3ab9b7f?sc=Birthday Cupcake Recipes&term=Birthday Cupcakes&itemId=ddb4a5e4-3c61-4066-aa5e-2e66537c4235

THe trick is you fill the cone 2/3 way full, then put them each filled side into a cupcake liner lined cupcake pan. Don’t ask but it does work for me.

5. Sarah says:

I have made these for years and have never had a problem. Use a cupcake pan to hold your ice cream cones and only fill them about 2/3 of the way up. do not frost until ready to serve. the cones also get soft if you make them too far in advance.

6. anon says:

You overfilled them, that’s all.