In an attempt to make flower pins inspired by Anthropologie, I placed a candy mold in the oven. Not heat resistant, I learned. Follow my logic here…
I was first put UV setting resin in the mold, mixed with colored liquid polymer clay to tint. I put the mold in the sun for the normal 15 minutes and it was still liquid. I deduced that the liquid clay component was the problem, and a good solution would be to heat set it per the label. 10 minutes and a funny smell later, well, you can see it.
The good news is that upon first glance at my molten mold, I was stoked to have a great photo for Craft Fail. Way to turn mishaps into opportunities to laugh at ourselves with our fellow craft warriors!
From: Johnnie L
My website: http://savedbylovecreations.com
Subject: Candy Mold In Oven = Craft Fail