Baby Handprint Christmas Ornament – Nailed It

snowman handprint christmas ornament

I’ve seen lots of cute baby handprint ornaments floating around on the internet, like this very cute snowman handprint version found over at Little Bit Funky.

I mean, babies + paint. What could possibly go wrong?

KristiEtch: What do you mean this doesn’t look like a delicate baby handprint… #craftfail

baby handprint ornament nailed it

Let’s call it “Snowman in a Snowstorm” Baby Handprint Ornament.

baby handprint ornanment nailed it

9 Responses to Baby Handprint Christmas Ornament – Nailed It

1. Korinne says:

I made those this year too! I had better luck skipping the palm print part and just rolling the ornament across the baby’s painted fingers, made some super cute, chubby snow men!

2. Stephanie says:

I did this with my Kindergarteners and it didn’t work – the paint all flaked off! :( They’d have been so cute.

3. Jami says:

I made these and they came out AWESOME! My favorite one to date. You have to use an older kid. My son was 2, and we used puff paint. They don’t chip at all.

4. Cindy says:

Baby handprint anything = fail IMHO. Tried the baby footprint sweatshirt one year for Christmas (trying to make cute gift for Dad). Baby can’t walk and trying to hold up baby and get painted feet to mark the right spots on the shirt turned into epic fail! Fortunately, handy two-year-old was ready, willing and able. Just had to catch him after he walked across the shirt and before he ran across the rest of the room. He was ready for mass production.

5. Pingback: Christmas activities for dd with autism!

6. Monica says:

I have done lots of foot print things because any hand print under age two is always an epic failure.
    I put the baby in the high chair and hold the item in one hand and the ankle in the other. An assistant is always a plus! I did get one of those snowman ornaments for a gift froma two year old. Love it!

7. Pingback: Dollar Store Crafts » Blog Archive 6 Kids Christmas Ornaments to Make - Dollar Store Crafts

8. The key to this is doing it while the baby is asleep :)
    I did it with my son when he was 6 or 7 months old last year, just waited until he was fast asleep. Used a brayer to apply paint to his hand and did 8 ornaments in a few minutes, my husband assisted by taking the wet ornaments and holding the brayer while I was doing the handprint. We cleaned up his hands with baby wipes…very easy, we used the satin style glass ornaments with non toxic acrylic paint.

9. Shanna says:

I did it and the ornament color leached into the white. Now my snowmen are green and red.