Cookie Bowls… Nailed It

I’ve been seeing links to the recipe to make cookie bowls to put ice cream in.

Inspiration from Wilton Recipes

I really wanted to surprise my husband with them because he loves cookies and ice cream.  Being lazy like I am, I decided to just buy already made cookie dough instead of following the recipe.  I figured I could simply use the cookie dough and then lay them over the muffin pan like in the instructions.  FAIL!! We had burnt cookie crumbs with ice cream.  :(

cookie bowl nailed it

From Sarah J.

9 Responses to Cookie Bowls… Nailed It

1. AdiRAWR says:

OHHHH man this EXACT same thing happened when we tried. i thought my bf had used too much cookie dough – apparently we definitely need to use the recipe!

2. Anonyvox says:

I can’t figure out how this would work with regular-sized chocolate chips anyway. The ones in the example picture look more like shavings to me. Seems like real chips would be so lumpy that the bowls couldn’t stand.

3. Gail says:

I used the sugar cookie recipe Wilton provided and it still ran all over the place.

4. Lisa says:

I did this exact same thing, exact same results! I was so disappointed.

5. Kathy says:

Same thing here. I went by the example instead of reading, meaning that I used chocolate-chip cookie dough. Oops! Turns out that it’s supposed to be a sugar cookie recipe (so what’s with the dots in the example?!). Hmmm….

6. Katie Moore says:

Yeah, when i tried this, the bottom of my oven ended up coated in cookie dough. Not fun!

7. Pingback: 20 Hilarious Pinterest Fails | Bored Panda