Pinterest Gone Wrong: Tulle Wreath

I kept seeing these neat tulle wreaths on Pinterest and decided I could make one too. I should have found a tutorial first.

pipe insulation wreath

I got all the supplies I thought I needed, including foam pipe insulation to use as the wreath base (a tip I saw on Pinterest!) It was an utter and complete failure!

tulle wreath fail

Then I got smart and started with an ACTUAL styrofoam wreath form. Here is my “re-do”. Much prettier!

tulle wreath fail
Happy crafting!!!

craftfail tulle wreath

From: Nancy

thanks to: Gail Made for the pipe insulation tip!

10 Responses to Pinterest Gone Wrong: Tulle Wreath

1. emily says:

LOl epic fail but at least you tried your best!!!:)

2. Penny says:

BAHAHAHAHA….I too tried the foam tube instead of styro. FAIL!! The weight of the wreath decorations caused the round wreath to turn into an oval. And yes, I re-did the wreath with a metal inner form. NO FAIL!

3. Amy G. says:

Good for you for going back and re-trying! Have a link to a tut?

4. @Amy, I haven’t been able to find a tutorial for this one.

5. Shannon says:

LOL! Now I want to make a tulle wreath myself. I also saw that you could make a wreath form with the foam insulation and I am glad that I didn’t try it.

6. Paula says:

I used the foam pipe insulation tonight to make a couple of wreaths. I didn’t think it was going to hold it’s shape so I stuffed plastic grocery bags inside and it worked great!

7. Felita says:

I packed mine with plastic grocery bags and didn’t have a problem with the wrong holding it’s shape either.

8. BrassyDel says:

I have a horrible insulation foam wreath, too! It isn’t even an oval. It is the bastard child of Oval and Parallelogram.

9. Marla says:

Thanks for this post. I seen this on Pintrest and I was going to try it. I think I’ll just hit the dollar store and look for one. :)

10. Linda says:

I’ve made wreaths using foam pool noodles, they’re much sturdier and work great! Get them from dollar store, I stuff a smashed toilet paper roll with E6000 on it and then duct tape it.