Let me tell you how to fail, how to fail at Sesame Streeeet!

sesame street cake pops

Inspiration: Bakerella's Sesame Street Cake Pops

Everyone and their mom’s dog knows Bakerella, and “cake pops” have become a household phrase. These Sesame Street cake pops are just about the cutest version of cake pops. Ever.

Let me show you how to fail. How to fail at Sesame Streeeeeeet!

I tried to make these as party favors for my son’s second birthday. And apparently instead of refrigerating for 15 minutes, like the instructions said to do before coating them, I should have frozen them for two hours.

Today’s fail was brought to you by the letters OMG.

sesame street cake pops nailed it

From: Colleen

Thanks to Bakerella for the inspiration photo: Sesame Street Cake Pops

9 Responses to Let me tell you how to fail, how to fail at Sesame Streeeet!

1. Jennifer says:

I usually freeze mine overnight. Another fun tip I’m not sure she includes – dip the stick into some melted chocolate before putting it into the cake ball and freezing. The chocolate on the stick will freeze along with the cake and make the connection between the two more sturdy. I used to have all sorts of problems with them falling off or just spinning around while I was dipping.

2. Wolverine Girl says:

Elmo carnage – I love it!

3. Colleen says:

It looks like the Noid should have avoided you.

4. Stacey says:

Thats FUNNY but I know what went wrong. You bought white chocolate and added food coloring to it, which kills the consistency of the chocolate. :)
    If I’m wrong… sorry!

5. Pingback: “Why Didn’t I Think of That?” Wednesday {June 6, 2012} | The Baking Beauties

6. Pingback: Why Didn’t I Think of That? Wednesday {June 6, 2012} | The Baking Beauties

7. Nikki says:

Thank you so much for the laugh. I was searching to see if I could find out what happens when a “real” person makes them! I don’t think I would get past drawing the eyes!!! I’m searching for a bakery to make them; I don’t need this frustration!

8. Pingback: Cake Pop Flop | CraftFail

9. Angel says:

I never quite got the hang of cake pops to a point that they became easy or fun to make. I learned to freeze the pops, and pre dip the sticks, which helped prevent the pops from sliding off. However, I always had problems with the chocolate cracking when the filling expanded after freezing and coming to room temperature. Then, there’s always the temperament of chocolate and it sometimes burning/clumping. I managed to make some really cute pops, but not without pulling my hair out along the way. Needless to say, I’ll never be at Bakerella cake pop level. I’ll stick to cake decorating.