Oh Sheet! Another Pinterest fail.

When Jenny at My Little Me saw Martha Stewart’s organized and beautifully folded sheets on Pinterest, she knew she had to give it a go.

Martha Stewart, organization, sheets, linen closet, storage

Inspiration: Martha’s Lovely Linen Closet

Fail.  Sometimes, the only thing Pinterest inspires me to do is take a nap.

20 Responses to Oh Sheet! Another Pinterest fail.

1. kena says:

Come on let’s be honest….you didn’t even try…and if you did, why fold, or attempt to fold so many when you couldn’t not get the first one right. I’m not buying it!

2. kelly_jeanie says:

I started doing that a few years back – and mine look just like yours. I just CANNOT get them to look nice, I do try to fold them and place them in the pillowcases nicely but it just doesn’t work out. Hey, at least they’re separated.

3. May says:

I actually have had good success using this tip. But in order to do that, you have to fold the flat sheet AND the fitted sheet well, and to approximately the same sizes. And I know there is often a struggle with the fitted sheet so that may throw things into disarray. There are pins out there to describe folding fitted sheets too though :) In order to get the pin-perfect look in the MS photo – ironing is probably required. I am NOT ironing my sheets!!

4. mert says:

I wish I’d taken a photo of my first attempt to fold a fitted sheet (per Martha & Pinterest), I got tangled up in it, almost sprained a wrist. The pillow case thing doesn’t work for me either. I do not believe that they fit an entire set of sheets in there, unless they’re for a single bed. No way that queen sized (or bigger) sheets would be that flat.

5. Cynthia says:

I have been doing this for a long time, with queen size and full size sheets. I have always know how to fold a fitted sheet, I guess my mom taught me..but it does not look as perfect as Martha’s. To get Martha’s you would have to iron, or buy new and take it right out of the wrapper and put it in the pillowcase. :) Also to get perfect fold like that they probably use some kind of folding board, like they use in stores to get the shirts and sweaters to look perfectly stacked. I find if you fold the open end under and put it to the back of the shelf it looks neater.

6. Amy G. says:

I had the same fail! Fortunately I keep my extra bedding in a big Rubbermaid bin so nobody sees them except me!

7. Shannon C says:

OMG I’ve got tears I’m laughing so hard. I *DID* try and mine look just like your’s did! I threw in the in the back of my kid’s closet so at least when it’s time to change sheets everything I need is in one pillowcase!

8. Iona Meyer says:

I saw the pin on Pinterest but don’t understand why you’d want to take on a make work project. I too have known for 40 years how to fold a fitted sheet and my closets are neat. Pillow cases go between the top and bottom sheets. Done. I think one can get caught up in “professional organizing” and forget to just enjoy life. In 45 years of marriage not once have I been humiliated because my house isn’t Martha Stewart perfect.

I also don’t jump out of the pool I don’t have to mop my floor with Mop & Glo. My family is more important. Have fun guys! Life is short!

9. Lynette Midy says:

I almost died laughing when I saw this, mine look exactly like the photo below.

For some reason the sheets don’t fit well in case, perhaps I am folding the flat and fitted sheet an extra fold! Oh well, at least I tried.

10. JenL says:

Tried it once too, and mine looked JUST like the second photo lol!! The pillow cases are just too baggy to look ‘neat’

11. Melisa says:

I had no prblem folding mine and getting them to stack nicely on top of one another. I have both queen sheets and twin sheets like that in the cabinet and they sit just fine and long as you don’t shove them into the pillowcases.

12. Tiffany says:

Takes lots of practice, but it’s do able. Try rolling them and tying them with pretty lace instead. :)

13. Amber says:

Seriously? You didn’t even try at all. I fold sheets and put them away like this all the time. I have three twin beds in my house and a king. So they work with all bed sizes. The trick is neatly folding your sheets. You cant just wad them up. It takes a little more time but is well worth it. Especially since you dont have to search for matching bed items.

Ps. Been doing this before Pinterest & Martha made it cool.

14. Carrie says:

This makes me laugh whenever I think of it. Yay for posting and not being a martha-diva.

15. Amy says:

Laughing myself here. I ‘do’ this…because yes, it’s easier to have it all in one neat little ‘sack’. However, no matter how I try to get it neatly in the pillow case, it NEVER looks as good as Martha’s. I fold my fitted sheet properly and it is the same size as my flat sheet. My trouble is getting the pillow case to fold over nicely when I put the others in. GO figure. Could it be the size of my sheets? King..? Who knows…I’m the other anti-Martha and I say, at least it’s in one place…but it will never be pretty!

16. Angie says:

Martha smartha! I Store sheets between the mattresses!!! Who cares how well they are folded – if you put them at the foot of the bed, fairly neatly folded, they will flatten perfectly!!!

17. Jodi says:

Fold the fitted sheet in whatever way you can. Fold the flat sheet to be roughly the same size as the fitted sheet – then open the flat sheet one fold and place the fitted sheet inside the flat sheet and refold it (the flat sheet becomes a “taco shell” and the fitted sheet the “taco filling.”) Slide the folded side of the flat sheet into the pillow case first. HTH.

18. Suzanne says:

I have a better way of folding sheets. I fold the flat sheet into quarters, then fold that horizontally into thirds. Do more or less do the same thing with the bottom sheet, then fold one third in toward the middle and then the other, to make a square. The bottom sheet ends up scrunchy and weird. Doesn’t matter, just make it a little less wide than the top sheet is the important thing. Place folded bottom sheet in the middle of the top sheet. Place folded pillowcases on top. Fold sides of flat sheet in toward the middle. It makes a neat bundle with the pillowcases sandwiched inside.

19. Fleen says:

Watch a Martha video on how to make a bed. She admits to using two flat sheets. She tucks the bottom corners in. SO if we pull the fancy packs out bet there are no “fitted” sheets to be found.
    also most hotels use two flats, wish we could get the “sheet sets” to come like that .

20. Kate R. says:

This would be why linen closets have doors on them.