Heart-Shaped Choking Hazards

Heart Shaped Cupcakes - Nailed It

I saw this heart-shaped cupcake hack on Pinterest. It seemed easy enough. Make cupcakes just like normal, but add a marble between the liner and the side and voila! Heart-shaped cupcakes that would make me the envy of all the mommies at Preschool.

Unless round is the new heart, I missed something here. These choking-hazard cupcakes are probably not welcome at a Preschool that won’t even allow lollypops.

Although there may be an upside. If I frost these babies up, and bring them in for the Valentine’s party, I’m pretty confident that I’ll never have to spend late nights preparing upscale crafts for preschool toddlers ever again.

Heart-cupcake fail… or choking-hazard win?

Inspiration photo: Muses of Megret

heart-shaped cupcakes - nailed it

12 Responses to Heart-Shaped Choking Hazards

1. Jess says:

I bet this would work better if half the amount of batter was used.

2. Rachel says:

I tried this also and it was a major fail.

3. Aurelas says:

Couldn’t you just remove the marble after you bake them?

4. meg says:

lol!!! you take the marbles out of the liners before you serve it to children. you don’t just hand it to the kid fresh out of the oven.

5. Feisty says:

less batter and they would have been fine

6. Well DUH! says:

?? The marble is on the outside of the paper, you simply remove it and don’t fill with so much batter that it overflows? Seriusly and i missing something here??

7. Jennie says:

I just tryed this last night…looked like the same thing on the first try. Second try…much better. The key is to fill the cupcakes up a smidge more than half full. Oh, and to take the marble out before serving! Bless your heart for trying :)

8. Linda says:

Yeah, you’re not supposed to fill them up that much. The marble obviously isn’t supposed to end up in the cupcake.

9. Daniella says:

i made these i didn’t have the same problem- i put just the right amount of batter BUT they ended up looking like pacman’s instead of hearts

10. Ashley says:

Looking through all these comments makes me sad for society’s lack of sarcastic sensibility. Yes you are all missing something: a sense of humor. I should stop reading the comments on my favorite websites. – . –

11. 2sewsweetsisters says:

It is 3:15 a.m. and I hope to God laughing my butt off did not wake my neighbors.

12. annie says:

LOL Ashley.. just say no!!!! I LOVE this website and all the laughter it has provided me!! Have a wine dear, it makes the chevron makers seems more magical hehehe You have to learn to laugh at the haters too.. because honestly, their lack of humor is rather humorous..lol