Pinterest Fail: Potato Crash Site

Crash baked potatoes

Inspiration photo: Crash Potatoes by For the Love of Cooking

Shannin found a link to Crash Potatoes on Pinterest. “I thought it would be an easy new way to cook potatoes. Not so.”

crash potatoes craftfail

“First of all if the potatoes are too big, they don’t cook as fast as the small ones when you boil them.”

“Then, the the skin started to peel off when I tried to mash them and they went flying around the pan. After the masher started to bend inward I just went at them with a fork, covered them in the olive oil mixture and sprinkled on some chives”

Looks like the scene of a crime against potato-kind.

crash baked potatoes nailed it

#done. hey, The kids liked it!

Credits: Inspiration photo: Crash Potatoes by For the Love of Cooking, inspired by Pioneer Woman and recipe by Jill Dupleix

food fails

9 Responses to Pinterest Fail: Potato Crash Site

1. Liz says:

Omg! I failed at this recipe too”

2. Deanna says:

Mine looked the same!!! Total fail! I did the same, but I added some parmesean. They were a hit!

3. Barb says:

Try using her recipe!! I did it and they turned out just like the picture. I think its important that you hand pick the potatoes and make sure they are all the same small size.

4. Pingback: Craft Fails « Do It And How

5. Amanda says:

I make these potatoes all the time. They are my family especially my 3 year old’s favorite! Mine always turn out great. I never hand pick the potatoes, I just buy a bag of small red potatoes. You do have to make sure you boil them until done, then be gentle with the masher. These are my fav!

6. Kathleen says:

I haven’t had a whole lot of fails but I am glad to see this one! I made these a few nights ago and was surprised what a terrible time I had with something so simple. Think they must have just been way too big. Sent several shooting across the kitchen. They ended up looking like a big pan full of potato mess explosion, which I covered with cheese and butter and baked till crispy and… tasted better than it looked, definitely!

7. TAMMY SHUTLER says:

I had great success with these. Just make sure to use the small potatoes and boil them until they are tender. My husband and I LOVE them!

8. pikapal says:

I failed at a similar recipe. I just decided to bake the potato and eat it. Mine had the wrong cooking time.

9. Chris says:

I made these. They tasted fine but looked exactly like little piles of poop. So unappetizing to the whole family that I’ve never done them again!