Zombie Nails (Marbled Nail Polish Fail)

Marble Nails… this is one DIY craft that failed me. Now I am not artsy– I have never taken an art class. I do stick people great, but ask me to put clothes on ‘em, hell no, my skills end there.

Who knew you had to be freaking Picasso to paint your nails this way?

And I do not even know if he could do it right.

Let’s begin with the image of what my nails should look like… a marble paint job for the ages — pretty freaking fantastic I must say.

marble nails

marble nails inspiration: flickr user wtfmarie

Now here are what my nails actually look like…
marbled nail fail
Not only do they look nothing like the first picture, half of my nails look as though I got some form of disease (i.e. look at the bottom picture here, my thumb…definitely look like fungus…what the hell nail polish).
For a rundown of the entire sordid affair, visit Stephanie at It Feels Like the First Time: First Time Doing Marble Nail Art
zombie nails
Zombie Nails.

14 Responses to Zombie Nails (Marbled Nail Polish Fail)

1. Nikki says:

I tried this same thing and got the same exact results as you lol!

2. Tami says:

Truth!

3. Megan says:

Agreed!

4. Abby says:

I tried it and they turned out great actually. The water HAS to be room temperature though. And putting tape around your nails prevents it from getting all over your fingers

5. collegCuties says:

If you’re having issues keeping the colors seperated try bottled water….our water here at college fails no matter how long we let it sit it out and let it get to room temp. Also it could be the brand of fingernail polish. If you’re going cheap, use pure ice or wet and wild from walmart. They work well.

6. Jennifer says:

maybe your nail polish is too thick…. that’s what it looks like to me… I tried this and got great results! it does take some practice though…. try thinning your nail polish a bit, see if that works :)

7. Ekho says:

I’ve been doing this and had a ton of luck with it! Make sure when you dip your nails you take a toothpick and pull off the excess polish that isn’t touching your finger. Otherwise you’ll get a second coat when you lift out your fingers.

8. kate says:

I do this all the time you have to usually leave the water out for atleast an hour or two then you just do a dot of a couple colors of nail polish that match put vasaline or tape around the edges of your fingers stick your fingers flat in the bowl then complete and fab……

9. Wendy says:

This is probably not the place where I tell you that my 12 year old can successfully do that. I had her read this post and after she quit laughing hysterically, she said that you should’ve put tape around the nails, and your polish was too thick.

Note: I have not attempted this because I have always feared I would mess it up, and then my daughter would laugh at me.

10. annie says:

I had the same results as you!!!! LOL it was a complete failure the first, second and third time.. retired the thought of these nails! hahaha ?

11. Naomi says:

haha I can sooo see my own fail in yours…
    I did it yesterday…tried it 3 times and every single time it were perfect nails for halloween but not for any other day :P

12. Pingback: 20 Hilarious Pinterest Fails | Fun Crazy World