The Pintester Takes on Frozen Yogurt Dots

I have been accused, in the past, of doing things a little half-assed. My darlings, it is true. I craft with only half of my ass on most occasions. But, sometimes, especially if a project seems very, very easy, I get the notion in my head that I will be able to complete it as instructed and it might even look better than the original. And then the universe somehow reminds me that I am not the kind of person that sort of thing happens to.

Jillee’s frozen yogurt dots seemed, for example, like the kind of thing I could manage without creating a spectacular fail:

Image from One Good Thing by Jillee

Aside from the pictorial instructions, there wasn’t much to go on, but how hard could it be, right?

So far so good…

About here, I realized that my squirting skills weren’t up to par. Not only were my dots not really coming out like dots, but I also managed, somehow, to dribble yogurt not only out of the little cut-out in the baggy, but also out the back of the bag while I wasn’t looking. And the carnage began to pile up.

Still, frozen yogurt globs aren’t really a disaster…

Until you pull them off your less-than-pristine cookie sheet and some of the less-than-pristine comes off with it…

My last valiant attempt to pull it off was to apply an Instagram filter. You be the judge.

To see more of Pintester’s tests (most of which are also CraftFails), check out her blog at Pintester.com.

19 Responses to The Pintester Takes on Frozen Yogurt Dots

1. Patty Hicks says:

Too funny once again. But hey…not too bad for the first time round.

2. Sarra Cannon says:

Man, those look like they would be yummy. You totally nailed it. Sort of. A little bit.

3. Pintester says:

Well, as far as the taste, I gotta say, they taste about like you’d think frozen yogurt would taste. But it’s not like Menchie’s soft serve or something. Think freezerburned milk product.

4. Alissa says:

this was great! i am crying i am laughing so hard… i did this too (with Greek yogurt- trying to be super cool- Epic Fail!!).
    great to be in such great company!

5. Melissa says:

I used wax paper and they came out great! I cant do perfect dots either but my kid didnt seem to mind some funky shapes. And they taste good if you eat them without a few hours of freezing otherwise they do have a freezer burn taste. Yuck!

6. Pingback: Frozen Yogurt Dots | Pintester

7. Jenna says:

Try cleaning your freaking pan – how GROSS!

8. Nesta says:

Yeah-I also used wax paper and they came out perfect! And make cleaning up really easy. As for the bag I used a zip lock bag (which is thicker) and cut a really tiny hole so my dots were smaller. Better luck next time tho!

9. Jennifer says:

Notice the difference between the Pinner’s pan and yours? Her’s is nonstick and CLEAN. Your’s is disgusting. Everyone has an old gross cookie sheet but then try wax paper. Nothing like ripping someone’s idea apart after you totally half assed it. Also, try twisting the bag at the top of the yogurt so it stays in the bottom of the bag. Or ….just try at all.

Next time I use the bathroom I’m just going to pee myself and then say, “nailed it” because I’m so funny.

10. SkyesBlue says:

Guys… she’s a humor writer. Take a deep breath and laugh at her half-assing things, not criticizing her for her lack of perfection. Her failures are what we’re here to laugh about.

11. Looks like we struck a chord with this post!

12. pintester says:

Ha, maybe a minor fourth or something. ;)

13. annie says:

this is hilarious!!! I am not sure if I am laughing more at the “nailed it pics” or the self righteous humor critics who feel they have been stepped on by something other than good old fashion laughter and their chevron curtains got bunched up in a wad…lol keep these great Nailed it pics and stories coming… one day I hope to share a wine with ya and laugh until we get red faced stupid.. lolol!!

14. stephanie says:

I laughed out loud. The same thing happened when I made these. Nailed it ;)

15. Erin says:

Just discovered this website and pinterest recently..These post are incredibly funny, it’s nice to know that I’m in good company with my lack of crafting ability! I don’t care whether you half ass it or not, the fact that you try at all and are willing to post your failures for all of us to laugh with you shows a lot of character. Keep them coming!

16. Halle says:

It worked for me… in the freezer right now… just use a wax paper sheet for the pan, make neater blobs and don’t be so careless when you are trying to take them off.

17. Jenny says:

Duders,

She was blogging about her own experience, not commenting on the original project. Take a chill pill and try laughing. You come off as a bit constipated! Keep the posts coming!

18. Sheri says:

Smaller hole, parchment paper, Greek (thicker) yogurt. I hope you try again. These are great when they come out. My 3 YO and I love them in the summer.

19. Christina says:

Making these at my house I learned if you do thick designs (I made big circles and stars) they peel off too :D. They melt fast as hell, but they peel off and look cool for a minute :)