Craft Wars: New TV Show from TLC

craft wars tori spelling

Okay y’all, it has been SO LONG since I have seen really good crafty TV. That’s why I’m so excited for TLC’s new show Craft Wars, and the fact that it starts next week! That it is hosted by Tori Spelling makes me feel like TLC is really taking us crafters seriously, and well they should! Our industry (the craft industry) is worth $30 billion dollars yearly, and the word “crafts” gets searched 13+ million times monthly on Google. Crafts and DIY are the 2nd most popular subject on Pinterest.

craft wars

The show: Craft Wars
When: Tuesday Night 6/26 at 10pm/9 central
Where: TLC

So, things that make this show look awesome:

• Tori spelling as a host — By the way, Tori Spelling really is a crafter in real life — I love that!
  • The Michaels Craft Wall — who wouldn’t want access to THAT for an hour?
  • Entertaining hosts, including a BLOGGER!! Erika Domesek from P.S. I Made This
  • Creative competition – my favorite reality show genre!
  • CRAFTS. on TV.

I am very excited to see the first episode. How about you? Will you be watching on Tuesday night?

13 Responses to Craft Wars: New TV Show from TLC

1. Erica says:

I had not heard about the show but I set the dvr for it. I’m not hugely crafty but I do have hopes to be. It looks fun but I lack the talent usually.

2. sandy calles says:

How can I apply for the show? I’ve done every sort of craft, Batik, stainedglass, pottery, silkscreen, jewelery making,oil and acrilic painting, enameling, quilting, and knitting.

3. Finally a show for me to watch.

4. Tray says:

Hi. I want to watch this show. (Just not loving Ms. Spelling)…but with that said..the question that keeps being asked and NOT answered is:

How do ppl apply to be on the show?

Why is that not available….Thanks and much success.

5. diana willis says:

I can not wait. anyone know what channel TLC is in the DFW AREA? also how can you get on this show??

6. C. Nelson says:

Tori,
    Love your new show!
    I’ve watched you and Dean and the kids for years and really enjoyed Tori and Dean.
    Please, Tori, you are so darn cute, lighten up on the eye make up. You are fair complected with a beautiful smile, but the over-the-top eye make up has to go. Less is more! Softer is better !!!
    I don’t want to sound nasty, but you are starting to look like Tammy Faye Baker.
    A Fan

7. I WAS VERY DISAPPOINTED IN THIS SHOW. TO ME IT IS NOT WHAT I CONSIDER CRAFTING! IT’S MORE LIKE BUILDING. I WOULD OF THOUGHT IT WOULD BE LIKE HERE ARE SHELLS, WHAT DECOR OR GIFT COULD YOU MAKE FROM SHELLS USING EMBELLISHMENTS. OR FELT, OR WOODEN SHAPES, CRAFT FOAM, OR RIBBON OR BUTTONS ETC. TO ME THAT IS CRAFTING. MY HUSBAND FELT THE SAME WAY. SO I NOR MY HUSBAND WILL NOT WATCH ANY MORE OF YOUR SHOW.

8. Kelly says:

My sister will be on in August! Hopefully she won’t end up on this site. Lol!

9. Hi everyone, I don’t know how to apply for the show at the moment. I will be sure to post if I find out that they are casting for the show. Thanks for the comments!

10. Cindy says:

I was so looking forward to this show, but what a disappointment! It was not crafting. I want to learn something when I watch a craft show, not see people try to make something in an impossible time frame. I want to be inspired! I did watch it all thinking it might get better……but it didn’t and I won’t be watching again.

11. MKErin says:

The show was terrible. But on the plus side, we get to watch Tori Spelling’s face melt off a little bit more each week.

12. Jill M says:

THIS IS THE WORSE SHOW THAT I HAVE SEEN ABOUT CRAFTS, WHO IN THEIR RIGHT MIND WOULD USE THE ITEMS THAT THEY PROVIDE TO MAKE ANYTHING. SUCH A DISAPPOINTMENT FOR A SHOW THAT COULD BE REALLY WONDERFUL.

13. SONYA HILL says:

i love crafting…they need to start a show like that here in the Houston area it’s not like Houston don’t have the space for a show like that……i will most def. be on that show.