Spray Painted Shoes Fail

While I maintain that you can never have too many pairs of shoes (a point on which my husband and I will likely never agree), it is possible to have too many pairs in the same color.  That’s how Lindsay from Southern Lovely ended up spray painting a couple pairs of shoes.  It seems like a great solution.  After all, a can of spray paint is a lot cheaper than a new pair of shoes.  (Well, unless you’re buying really cheap shoes and really expensive paint I guess, but still.)

Longing for some neon dress shoes, Jessica from A Day in the Life of One Girl decided to run with the idea, pizzazzing up some drab heels.  She primed ‘em, she painted ‘em, and she proudly wore ‘em to work.

Need proof?  Look for the little trail of pink paint chips all over the office carpet.

Read the full story here:  A Day in the Life of One Girl

8 Responses to Spray Painted Shoes Fail

1. Erin says:

She should have used a permanent acrylic sealant. Which you should tell her. It wasn’t a fail. It was a new crafty mistake : ). She can still have a myriad of rainbow shoes : )

2. Agnes says:

Let me say this nicely ….not everyone has to know how to do everything and be good in everything. Besides, 80% American are do not understand what they read.

3. Monica says:

Agnes, while you did in fact find a way to say it nicely, I still haven’t figured out a way for you to say it and it be necessary. Clearly, you missed the point of the blog, but I hope you can take your lovely statistics and find something you both understand and appreciate elsewhere. Have a lovely day!

4. Stephanie says:

The shoes started shiny. If they had been more textured, the paint probably would have stuck better. I think this might work if you sanded the shoes to add texture first, or they were faux suede instead of shiny. Even primer has to have something to stick to.

5. Amanda says:

I have spray painted shoes dozens of times, and there is a trick to it. Do light layers of paint so it won’t bubble or orange peel, then when dry, you can seal them with clear acrylic sealer. Don’t use enamel paints, as they will crack for sure! No matter what, the paint will crack after use at the points of stress on the shoes near your toe joints, but you can always hit em with another coat!

6. Jackie says:

I actually love the look! lol Gives it a funky vibe!

7. Jeannean Green says:

It made me laugh. Laughter is good. This is in no way a failure as far as I’m concerned. Sister, you should see the mess I made of bobby pin earrings.

8. Aurelas says:

I tried this once back in 2002 with no idea what I was doing. I needed black shoes for graduation and was almost broke. I am sure I made a lot of mistakes–no primer, no sealer, etc. The biggest mistake that I remember though is that I didn’t stuff the shoes with paper and spray-painted the insides by mistake! I tried wearing them and ended up with black feet. The shoes looked really grainy too. Too bad I didn’t take pictures! The good thing is I found some reduced ($3!) black shoes that met the requirements just in time for the big night.