Zombie Strawberry Snowmen

Strawberry snowmenYou may have seen this cute picture on Pinterest or at the blog Collecting Vintage and Contemporary Jewelry.

Yeah, it’s perfect and cute, isn’t it?  That’s exactly what reader Ellen thought.

So simple, anybody could do it.

In fact, you smile to yourself, Why it’s so simple! Cut the top of a strawberry and add some cream.  Oh yeah, I got this!  Why didn’t I think to make these before anyone else did?

And the wheels start spinning.  You’re thinking pineapple, canteloupe, kiwi.  Then there are mangoes, apples and oranges.  How many cool things can you make?  Maybe little fruit people could be even be a future career choice!

But, you think, just start with the strawberries first.  After all, that’s the photo that inspired everything.

Everything.

Strawberry Snowman Fail

Okay, so maybe making fruit people isn’t the best career choice.

You could always call them Zombie Santa Clauses.  Nobody would ever know that you meant to do anything different.

Strawberry Snowmen?  Nailed it.

Strawberry snowman nailed it

14 Responses to Zombie Strawberry Snowmen

1. Fsaunders says:

Oh but there is one good one on the left side at least!

Ah, next time don’t use canned or aerosol whipped cream. There is more air in it so it is prone to collapsing, plus the star tip won’t give you the smooth dollops seen in the original.

I’d whip the cream (in a non-metallic bowl) until it was very stiff, just before it starts clumping into butter. Spoon it on, or use a pastry bag with a plain tip

If you leave whipped cream in a metal bowl for too long it begins to separate and behave very strange!

Hope that helps.

2. Whitney says:

Aww. Poor deflated Santas. But one little guy held up!

3. Heather says:

I had tears, I was laughing so hard.

4. Ellen says:

thanks for the tip! i will try that next time. yes, we used whipped cream and then tried some cream out of the tub but by the time we got to the last snowman the first one was already a goner!! haha

5. christi says:

Heather, me, too!! ohmyhead, so funny!!
    and Ellen, i kinda liked the idea of them as zombie santas, LOL…i’d have served them as such, and proudly! nice! :D

6. Sara says:

This happened to me at Christmas too…actually yours looked much better then mine lol.

7. Tammy says:

Oh boy. I wanted to make these, now I’m thinking that maybe I’ll skip it. I’ll bet they tasted real good, though…. throw them in a bowl and it would be great!

8. Shelita Acosta says:

I had a few Zombies too, we ate them no evidence.
    Notice on ours we did not try the cute little button on Santa’s belly. It was enough keeping the tip of his hat on.
    I like the fruit people idea. : )

9. Shontelle says:

Tears of laughter…and then I had to go to the loo because I nearly wet my pants! Thanks. You made my day.

10. Pingback: Las mejores catástrofes culinarias de Pinterest | Blog Los Cervantinos – Blogul Cervantistilor

11. Autumn Greene says:

I tried making these also, I used extra creamy cool whip, partially frozen. I used a very small ice cream scoop and as soon as one was done I put it in the freezer to harden. It worked MUCH better.

12. Lisa says:

I made these, and they actually turned out well! At first they began to look like zombies. But then I figured out the trick is to hollow out the body and hat so the hat can sit better on the cream and the cream will not slide off.

13. Pingback: JaJaJaJaJaJaJa. | Estrella del Cielo Violeta

14. Felicia says:

I have made these many times for Christmas before I seen the Pinterest recipe… If you use store bought whipped cream from a can… That would be your issue or if you are rushing. I have never had an issue and I have probably made them about10 times.