Crummy Minecraft Creeper Cupcakes

minecraft cupcakes

If there’s a preteen boy who isn’t in love with Minecraft these days, I haven’t met him.

In case you don’t personally know any preteen boys, Minecraft is a game in which you build blocky things out of blocks and get attacked by blocky-looking Creepers, which are very similar to these Creeper cupcakes by Momma D and Da Boyz, except I’m assuming the cupcakes don’t explode. If you need more information, feel free to consult my 11-year-old, who will be happy to discuss it with you in detail for eighty thousand hours or more.

Reader Allison knows what I’m talking about – her son loves Minecraft, too, and as luck would have it, she found these cupcakes on Pinterest just in time for his birthday. How perfect!

minecraft cake fail

Okay, “perfect” might not be the word I’m looking for. Normally we console people about their food fails by reminding them they can eat the evidence, but Allison says the kids wouldn’t even touch the cake! Rejecting their beloved Minecraft AND free cake? Oh kids, that’s cold.

minecraft cupcake NAILED IT

For more funny find Robyn at Hollow Tree Ventures, where you can’t always assume her attempts at cooking won’t explode.

12 Responses to Crummy Minecraft Creeper Cupcakes

1. Pingback: Stop this meatloaf train, I wanna get off. | CraftFail

2. Hayley says:

I think the issue might be that the original clearly used fondant(whatever the directions may have said) and the second is icing which just doesn’t work the same.

3. Marguerite says:

Well, and used cupcakes instead of pieces of cake!

4. Allison says:

I love the comments of how I could have made the cake better, LOL. Yes if I had time & energy to buy friggin cupcake wrappers, pour that shit into individual cups, and make fondant (which is the messiest hardest shit to make), dye the balls, cut the fondant…then my cake wouldn’t have been such a fail. But a busy working mom of 3 making fondant?! …. Ain’t nobody got time for that! ;-)

5. robyn says:

@Allison, for me to make the cake better than you did, I’d have needed cupcake wrappers, fondant, plus a team of bakers working around the clock. :)

6. Lucy says:

I’m trying this with cupcakes and frosting today……might be posting a companion pic soon ;-)

7. Cloud says:

It’s not really a fail as much as it is pure laziness

8. Kelly says:

Jesus. It’s not even funny, it’s just pathetic. Why would even bother cutting the cake up at that point? Just bake a square cake & frost it.

Are those chocolate coated Twinkies for the mouth?

9. emma says:

I have made many fail cakes too. The joys of being a mum is pulling your hair out at ten at night after finishing work and trying to put together party food. Tip- you can get square cup cake tins on eBay. I am making his for my daughters birthday. She wants the ocelot but seriously, not happening. Buying the fondant at spotlight.

10. Pingback: Domo Cake – D’oh! | CraftFail

11. Pingback: Losing Race Cupcakes | CraftFail

12. Wendy says:

I actually think using normal cake cut into squares was a smart idea, unless you happen to have square cupcake pans (and I’m guessing many people don’t). However, I do think that frosting just isn’t going to cut it for this, and fondant is needed (unless you are really good with frosting, which I am not).