The Peeps Pool of Pain

PEEPS pool cakeIs this Peeps pool cake by the people at Marshmallow Peeps adorable? Yes. Is it actually edible? Yes. Is it wayyyy more trouble than it’s worth? Well, I guess that depends on whether this sugary summer scene turns out to be tasty… or tragic.

PEEPS-Pool-Cake-FailThis version is the effort of my friend Anna, over at My Life and Kids. But the photo only tells part of the story – what you can’t see here is that she baked it because she needed Peeps recipes to make during her feature on a local news segment. Yes, ON TELEVISION.

I had to ask her what happened. She replied:

I was supposed to put the PEEPS in the “pool” to let them set with the jello to make it look like they were swimming. But it just looks like they’re drowning – and my 2 year old got into it while I was in the bathroom – which didn’t help much (but also didn’t hurt it all that much either…)

Too true! I guess that explains those swipes of stolen frosting I see on the front (and sides) (and back).

You can read about Anna’s TV appearance here (spoiler alert: she left this cake at home). Because this is one Peeps recipe that is NOT ready for its close-up – and one cake you definitely don’t want to have around when the director yells, “CUT!”

PEEPS-Pool-Cake-Fail NO SURVIVORSFor more funny join Robyn at Hollow Tree Ventures, where she’s probably still laughing at this picture.

7 Responses to The Peeps Pool of Pain

1. Anna says:

The icing swipes from the bitty kid fingers are the best.

2. Anna says:

This still kills me. LOVE IT!

3. Hysterical…reminds me of our nativity set which we set out at Christmas. It lasts for about 5 minutes as “the nativity” and then morphs into what we call “Massacre at the Manger” for the rest of the season.

4. Serena says:

LOL! “I didn’t do it; they jumped!”

5. Lwolsey says:

Best fail ever!

6. Monica says:

OMGosh this one kills me!!!

7. Just made aware of this website tonight and have wasted ridiculous amounts of time browsing these fails! This one had me cackling out loud like a freaking loon! NAILED IT, INDEED.

Lots of fun- can’t wait to post one of my fails! :)