Cosmic Peacock Cupcake

Peacock-CupcakeThe peacock is a beautiful bird, and a cupcake is a thing of beauty, too. As a matter of fact, a group of wild peafowl is called a party (thank you, Wikipedia), and I scarf cupcakes at parties… coincidence??? I think not. I think they have so much in common, it was only a matter of time before Lace and Cakes turned these pretty birds into gorgeous cupcakes.

However, peacocks can also be kind of aggressive and scary. Do you know what else is kind of aggressive and scary? Aliens. Hmm, I wonder what a scary alien peacock cupcake would look like…

peacock cupcake failYikes! Reader Robine reports eating up six hours to make these edible little guys, except it turned out they were barely even edible!

Hey, did you know peacocks can fly? (Thanks again, Wikipedia.) Since we can’t eat them, I say we open the window and see how much these freaky cakes really have in common with their birdy inspiration.

peacock cupcake nailed itFor more funny, check out Hollow Tree Ventures, where Robyn is stranger to neither baking failure nor bird jokes.

8 Responses to Cosmic Peacock Cupcake

1. Bwahahahaaa! That’s a good one.

2. April B. says:

I love them! They might not be very peacock like… but they are very Pokemon like!

3. Robine says:

Thanks! They were disgusting btw… Oh & almost $30 on supplies, which I chucked into the garbage bin right away after this disaster. No more baking for me!

4. robyn says:

@Robine, thanks again for sharing your fail – and please, for the love of Craftfail, do NOT stop baking!!! ;)

5. LB says:

They look like dragons!

6. cds says:

Take the little tops off the head and add a fin, you actually have an awesome whale coming out of the water. And it would look good

7. AlyssaBakes says:

Two mistakes, pretty easy to fix though! Don’t stop baking! fill your muffin cups a little bit higher, and use the leaf frosting tip instead of the star one. Your peacock heads look super cute and you actually managed to pull off the multicolored icing!

8. Beck a says:

The “nailed it” looks like dratini cupcakes! Id say that’s a win!!